1. By using FairCop.org you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of FairCop.org. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to FairCop.org
2. FairCop.org may change these terms from time to time, so please check these terms regularly. Your continued use of FairCop.org will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using this website.
3. You agree to use FairCop.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of FairCop.org, or that is illegal in any way. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene, offensive, threatening or illegal content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within FairCop.org.
4. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with FairCop.org you agree to grant to FairCop.org (and its parent, Achieve Enterprises), free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons).
5. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
6. In order that FairCop.org can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give FairCop.org permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
7. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with FairCop.org.
8. If you do not want to grant FairCop.org the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with FairCop.org.
(i) About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the discussion.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your FairCop Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
FairCop.org and Achieve Enterprises reserve the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple FairCop accounts, or if a non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.[Not sure whether we need this]
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any FairCop discussion.
(iv) Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in bbc.co.uk communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to FairCop.org with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with FairCop.org only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of FairCop.org or third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any FairCop.org discussion.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
15. The majority of content posted in FairCop.org is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Achieve Enterprises, Public Achievement or FairCop.org. Neither Achieve Enterprises, Public Achievement or FairCop.org are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on FairCop.org or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through FairCop.org. Any links to third party websites from FairCop.org do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Achieve Enterprises, Public Achievement or FairCop.org and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.